I’ve come to rely on New Trent as a company which provides superb on the go power gear. In today’s world where more and more of us are using more and more devices while out and about, being able to recharge while on the go is essential. And by on the go I don’t mean stopping off at the nearest Starbuck’s to borrow and outlet. New Trent makes a wide variety of external battery packs which allow you to re-power your gear without stopping and perhaps more importantly, without plugging into a wall outlet. In this review we’ll take a look at one of the company’s more unique offerings, the NT600C Chargepak.
Click on through for my full review.
Inside the packaging you’ll find just the battery pack itself. No cables are included.
Here’s what New Trent has to say about the Chargepak NT600C 6000mAh External Battery Pack.
- Enjoy 26 hours movie time for iPhone 5 4S 4 3G 3Gs and iPod touch (1G to 5G), 70% battery life for iPad 2, 40% battery life for the New iPad (3rd gen.)
- Ultra reliable Lithium-Ion battery with 6000mAh with 500 times recharge cycles battery life
- Dual USB charge ports with the addition of a third built-in micro-USB charge cable for additional simultaneous charges
- Compatible with Major Smartphones, including the iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC EVO sensation Thunderbolt Nexus, Droid Motorola Razr, LG optimus V, Blackberry Bold Curve Torch
- No iPhone iPad adapter is included, but the Chargepak NT600C is 100% compatible with the original iPhone/iPad data cable
At first glance the NT600C looks like nothing more than an oversized power brick. But it’s actually much, much more. The exterior finish of the NT600C is coated in soft touch material for aded grip.
The NT600C can be used as a power brick to recharge your USB compatible devices. Simply undo the prongs, and plug it into a wall outlet. Then provide your own cables to recharge your devices while your near an outlet.
The NT600C has a built in 6000 mAh battery. When it’s time to hit the road simply unplug it from the wall and close the prongs. You can then recharge your devices off the internal battery by turning the power switch. The power switch also can alert you to how much charging power the battery pack has remaining. As short press of the button will illuminate LEDs on the front.
If you happen to own a device that has a micro-USB port you can use the cable hidden on the NT600C to recharge it and then be able to charge 3 devices at once.
The New Trent NT600C takes two devices and turns them into one. In the past, when traveling, I’d bring along the charging brick for my iPhone, the charging brick for my iPad, my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 charger, an external battery, a micro-USB cable and two iPhone cables.
Check out my full video review below.
With the NT600C I can leave all the other charging bricks and the battery pack at home and simply bring 2 iPhone cables along. It’s a no brainer.
You can learn more about the New Trent Chargepak NT600C 6000mAh External Battery Pack by visiting this page on Amazon.
PROS: Can charge three devices at once. Doubles as a wall outlet.
CONS: Only come with micro-USB cable.