There isn’t much need to fluff out the introduction of this review. Bottom line? You want to see what just might very well be the best screen shield I’ve ever placed on an iPhone? Well then get clicking. Jump past the break and watch my full video review of the newly released Spigen SGP GLAStR Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the iPhone 5.
When you’re finished watching my review you can learn more about the GLAStR by visiting the Spigen SGP web site here.
What Spigen SGP says about the GLAStR…
GLAS.tR is our chip resistant glass screen protector. It has all the great properties of the GLAS.t, but it’s been improved to ensure even longer lasting durability. The R in GLAS.tR stands for the rounded edges of the screen protector. Being made of glass, the edges of the screen protector are the most vulnerable to chipping. The rounded edges helps to deflect shock from bumps and drops. If you loved the GLAS.t, you’ll love the GLAS.tR even more!
Steinheil GLAS.tR is made to protect the LCD from damage and scratches with specially processed glass that has been reinforced to increase shock absorbency. The entire surface of the GLAS.tR is transparent and the back side is covered with a strong silicone adhesive for easy installation. When installed, there are no gaps between the LCD and the GLAS.tR which means the touch screen’s sensitivity is unaffected.
- Whole Transparency : GLAS.tR is 0.4mm thick and made with chemically treated, transparent tempered glass.
- Surface hardness : 8~9H : The surface of the GLAS.tR has a hardness of 8-9H, three times stronger than regular PET film. Even shard objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the GLAS.tR.
- Oleophobic Coating : The GLAS.tR has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.
- Delicate Touch : The GLAS.tR is coated on the back with a strong silicon adhesive that makes installation easy and attaches the film firmly so as to not affect the touch screen’s sensitivity.
- Anti-Shatter Film : If broken, the GLAS.tR breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.
My full review…
PROS: Looks & feels just like the iPhone’s glass.
CONS: Only one shot at installing. Makes home button feel very recessed.