So you now have a nice shiny new iPhone but if a thief get’s his/her hands on it your personal data could be at risk. So here is the step by step process for securing it the right way.
iOS comes with a handy passcode system that blocks access to any unwanted users of your stuff. It’s easy to setup and although it might be a pain typing in a passcode each time it’s worth the effort given the amount of data we put on our smartphones these days.
1. First off hit the settings icon, then general. Scroll down you will see Auto-Lock, set this to 1 minute.
2. Then hit Passcode Lock.
3. You will want to Turn Passcode On, then enter a passcode and it’s done. I use a simple passcode here but you can enter a more complex one if you want to be super cautious.
4. Next set Require Passcode to Immediately.
5. Turn off all of the options for allowing access to SIRI etc. when locked.
6. Finally enable Erase Data, which after 10 attempts will wipe the phone (just don’t forget your password!).
Your final settings should look like this: