iaPeel skins are an awesome way to add a personal and protective touch to your Apple iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, or any other device. All you need is an inkjet printer and your imagination. The photo-quality glossy skins leave no residue, allowing you to change designs as often as you’d like. Plus it keeps your device looking new, by protecting it from scratches.
Continue to read on for the full review.
When you break the seal and open up the packaging you are given your custom print-off sheets, and a paper with where to download the software and a serial to download it.
This is the print off sheet for the iPhone 3G/3GS, as you can see it is one whole wrap around cut-out and not just a front and a back “sticker”. It tells you where to place the right end in the inkjet printer so you don’t make the mistake of your image coming out backwards or on the wrong side.
As you can see when applied on the iPhone 3G is blends in quite well even for a wrap around skin, and all the cut-outs are excellently shaped.
The back of the custom skin as you can see I customized it with a photo of my niece and a photo I have taken with her, and it came out better when I expected. Also the cut-out for the camera is well placed.
A bit closer up on the home button and ear-piece like I said the cut-outs are placed out really well, the same goes for the volume buttons and ringer switch.
The only issue I have been having is that the screen part along the sides pops up sometimes as if it doesn’t want to stick down properly, but that is basically my only issue with this application skin.
INSTALLATION PROCESS (FOR MAC):
1. Go to the website and fill out the needed information that is asked.
2. Wait for the email and follow the instructions on downloading the software.
3. Install the program.
4. Open up the aiPeel program and choose your proper device, as you can see I am choosing Mobile Phones and iPhone 3G/3GS because it is what I will be using.
5. You can choose from pre-made custom designs or choose when your own design which is what I did buy clicking “Add Photo” and then I selected it.
6. You then play with the image you added and size it up properly and then your ready to print when finished but clicking the print button!
The aiPeel is custom print-out skins is a great way to use your imagination and personalize your devices, add photos are family, favorite characters, or anything else. Check out aipeel and express yourself through your devices!
MSRP: All devices (3-5 Pack) – $29.95
PROS: Customize to your liking, Cut-out are perfectly shaped, Easy installation, Protects from Scratches.
CONS: No screen protection, Sometimes won’t stick down properly.